What is counselling?
- Counselling is an opportunity to talk to a trained listener in a confidential setting.
- A Counsellor’s aim is to assist you to find confidence within your own resources to manage the difficulties inhibiting you and your life more effectively.
How long does it last?
- Counselling sessions are usually 50 minutes long and take place on a weekly basis or two weekly basis.
- How many sessions you have will depend on what you want to work on and and what we agree together.
- It is advisable to contract for a minimun of eight sessions and them review where we are.
- Our work together will be reviewed at agreed intervals.
Who is Counselling for?
Counselling is for anyone who would like to talk about their concerns or maybe experiencing any of the following:
- Feeling unhappy, anxious confused, or experiencing anxiety, depression
- Dissatisfied with relationship patterns, relationship issues
- A lack of confidence or low self esteem.
- You would like to develop your self-knowledge or personal self development.
- Work towards reaching your full potential.
- Facing a life crises such as redundancy;
- The loss and break up of a relationship or help to improve the communication within a relationship,
- Illness or illness of someone you love.
- Coping with a bereavement or a loss.
- Struggling with life issues such as retirement or identity.
- Managing stress, anger or having difficulty sleeping or experiencing Panic Attacks.
- Self harming
- Phobias, irrational fears
- Eating disorders, unhealthy eating patterns or poor relationship with food.
What Counselling Approaches will be used?
St John's works with and recognises the following approach to therapies;
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Solution Focused/Brief Therapy
Client-centred/Person Centred Therapy
People from all walks of life seek the help of professional, qualified counsellors. Many of us at some point in our lives require counselling and may need help to work through issues.
How much does it cost?
Fees per session are can be obtained through the following link.
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment you can choose to contact by telephone or by email please click on the following link for contact details;
Will it be confidential?
Yes your sessions will be confidential, however under certain circumstances there will be an exception to this, follow the link for complete overview on confidentiality.